Personal Inquiry Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Kuhlthau's Syndrome

I think I have Kuhlthau's Syndrome. I've got all the symptoms--uncertainty, confusion, frustration, lack of confidence. I'm in the Zone of Intervention and I'm running a fever! Someone call 411. I need to see the doctor.

OK, seriously, the inquiry project is going well. I'm narrowing my topic down to How have changes in the environment affected owls? What can be done to help owls who are injuried or whose numbers have been decimated by the encroachment of human beings? The lady at the sanctuary in Canada received my questions and emailed back that she'll work on them and get back to me. The wildlife rehabilatator in Waynetown emailed back with lots of interesting stuff about her experiences with an owl. She doesn't have one now, but she'll let me know if she gets one before October 1. Still have to contact the zoos so I can get some pictures. The Minnesota Rehab Center has lots of great info and good links. I wish it was closer. I'd love to go to their camp sometime.

I'm going to try to keep track of all this stuff so Susan's students will have something to look at and I'm going to suggest the BLOG as a dialogue journal option. I think she needs to free up the form that the final project takes so that the students can more or less design their own product just as long as they can share it with an oral presentation.

Back to reading about the models.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home